Frequently Asked Questions
Below are a few FAQs to help you out. If your question is not listed, feel free to contact our Help Desk and we’ll sort you out.
How to Buy
Why does Greenleaf Music offer subscriptions?
Subscriptions offer a great way to interact with our artists, keeping you up to date on their latest and most compelling work. It’s also a way to gain access to rare and unreleased material, giving you an unprecedented glimpse into each artist’s process. You can discover new music that you might not otherwise have heard and enjoy cost savings on purchases from our store. And by becoming a subscriber, you directly support Greenleaf artists and our ongoing efforts to release quality material to an ever-growing community.
Why should I sign up for a subscription rather than just buying the downloads or CDs of my favorite Greenleaf artists?
As a Level 1 subscriber, you can stream ALL the music Greenleaf has released at only $25 per year through our Cloud Player. That’s a price that’s hard to beat. And if you prefer to listen to the music through our player but also want your own copies, you’ll get a 20% discount on anything you want to purchase at Level 2 and a 30% discount at Level 3. PLUS Level 2 at $75 per year and Level 3 at $125 per year give additional benefits described below. That adds up to a lot of music for a very reasonable annual cost.
Which Subscription Level should I choose?
- Level 1 – $25 per year. If you’re happy streaming music and don’t want to purchase physical copies or download extras, then Subscriber Level 1 is for you. At only $25 per year, you can listen to all of the music produced by Greenleaf Music artists through our exclusive Greenleaf Cloud Player.
- Level 2 – $75 per year. If you hunger for more than the basics, you’ll want access to our rare and unreleased material that is part of the Subscriber Series. Level 2 subscribers also get 20% off every item at the Greenleaf Music Online Store and, of course, can stream every minute of every record that has ever been released on Greenleaf Music through the proprietary Greenleaf Music Cloud Player.
- Level 3 – $125 per year. If you’re a super fan and want to experience the music live and in person (in addition to streaming and downloads), go with Level 3. You’ll get two comp tickets to a performance in your area, seat reservations at Greenleaf events, and meet-and-greats with artists after events. And you’ll get the same benefits as Level 2 subscribers: access to all Greenleaf Music through the Cloud Player and digital downloads of the exclusive Subscriber Series — plus 30% off purchases.
How do I figure out what products are available for each artist?
From the Store page, you can search for products either by artist or by format. Simply roll over the artist’s name or the format, and click on your choice. For example, if you click on Donny McCaslin, you’ll see all of the products Donny is offering through Greenleaf Music. If instead, you click on the product type Sheet Music, you’ll see all of the sheet music Greenleaf Music offers, including scores from Donny as well as Dave Douglas, Linda Oh, and Michael Bates.
Why do I go to Bandcamp for some products when I click on the Buy link on Greenleaf Music?
Rather than invest in building our own e-commerce infrastructure, we decided to use the flexible platform that Bandcamp offers. Bandcamp makes it easier for small labels and independent musicians to sell directly to fans by enabling purchase of physical releases and merchandise, with a completely customizable pricing structure and design. You can link seamlessly from Greenleaf Music to our Bandcamp pages for any of the Greenleaf Music artists and securely purchase any of our physical products there.
Purchases of Greenleaf Music Subscriptions, exclusive downloads and sheet music are handled through the Greenleaf Music shopping cart. All other products are purchased through our Bandcamp store.
What is a FLAC file?
FLAC is an acronym for Free Lossless Audio Codec. Free in this case means that it is an open source codec available for free, so you don’t need any costly software to convert the file type. Lossless refers to the compression level on the audio after conversion. AIF or WAV files are lossless files. MP3s are lossy files meaning the codec compresses the audio, throwing out audio information by sampling a specific number of kilobits per second (i.e. 256 kbps). FLAC files uses a codec that compresses the audio without loss of data, while reducing the large file sizes associated with AIF and WAV files making room for more music on our server and your hard drive.
For information on how to play and convert FLAC files, see our blog post, FLAC: What it is. Why you want it. How to use it.
Why would I want to buy sheet music?
Accessing the sheet music provides another way to experience the music and allows fans to dig deeper into the artist’s process. While most of the sheet music is available as PDFs for download, several are available as sturdy physical books printed on bleed-proof, high-visibility white paper, bound together with a classic spiral for easy page turning. This is a great way to study the compositions and solos as well as play the music yourself.
What are the differences between the Series products?
- Download-Only Series: This series is a collection of live sets performed at the Jazz Standard by three different Dave Douglas bands: Brass Ecstasy (2009), Keystone (2007), and the Dave Douglas Quintet (2006).
- Paperback Series: Paperback releases are packaged in a minimal but distinctive cardboard slip-sleeve with full credits and information. This provides our community with access to live shows from a variety of Greenleaf artists that might otherwise never have been made available.
- Greenleaf Portable Series: Unlike the other series, this one is entirely studio-oriented: short albums, quickly recorded and dispersed to fans without complicated post-production. For these recordings in 2011, Dave Douglas lead sessions with different groups and players harkening back the shorter, more informal sessions that were the backbone of jazz recording for many years. All are available as digital albums.
My purchased album did not properly download. What gives?
Chances are if you’re experiencing a problem with your download (i.e. the download only partially completes, the ZIP file will not open, etc), your computer is having a hard time connecting to our server. If you’re having a problem like this, send an email to our Help Desk. We have a few email-based solutions that will get you your purchased music as fast as possible.
Why can’t I access all of the music on the Cloud Player?
The Cloud Player was designed to house all of our music. That includes our frontline catalog releases, our digital series, as well as our unreleased Subscriber Series. Level 2 or Level 3 Subscribers, you can access it all. If you can’t, make sure you are logged in to your account. If that doesn’t work for you, send us an email and we’ll look into it.
If you are a Level 1 Subscriber, you will have access to all of the released Greenleaf Music catalog, but not to the Subscriber Series. Again, make sure you are logged in to your account to access.
Non-subscribers can access some of the music, but not all of it. We have designated featured tracks on each frontline album and have collected them all in a playlist aptly named Featured Tracks. You can find it on the left side of the Cloud Player. If you’d like to listen to more of our music, consider supporting our efforts by subscribing.
Account Questions (password, order status or changes, returns)
I forgot my password. What can I do?
You can reset your password at any time using the Forgot Your Password? link. If you don’t see a reset email in your inbox, check your spam folder. If you still don’t see a reset email, drop us a note and we’ll help you out.
I just placed an order, but need to change something.
No problem. Simply send us an email and we’ll update your order info.
Do you accept returns?
Unless your order arrives damaged or you don’t receive the correct products, we do not accept returns or provide refunds on purchases. If there is a problem with your order, though, send us an email and we will make it right.