Trumpet Music Days and Nights
New Trumpet Music is something I’ve been involved in for a long time. Roy Campbell, Jr. and I decided, in 2002, to organize a group to support new music and musicians involved with the instrument. I’ve been president of this all volunteer, musician-run organization since that time.
This week, from September 24 through 29, FONT Music will present 6 days and nights of music in New York. Aside from all the normal great music in New York, this festival adds:
– A night of cross-genre new music with Asphalt Orchestra and yMusic at Rockwood on the 24th;
– Thomas Bergeron’s arrangements of Messiaen in “Sacred Feast” 25th;
– Marquis Hill’s “Signatures in Brass” with 5 other top players on the 26th;
– Two experimental nights at Downtown Music Gallery curated by Nate Wooley and Aaron Shragge, 27 & 28;
– Celebration of Dr. Eddie Henderson on September 29 at The New School.
All information and tickets can be found at FONTMusic.org
FONT Music is a group whose mission is dear to me. There’s no stylistic boundary to the music. No boundary in terms of community, gender, age, ambition. It’s all music, all varieties, supporting the players and composers.
Thank you for reading and listening. I hope to see you at some of these events. Please say hello, I will be there with open ears.